A-TOM-MIK Challenge Entry
There will be a rules review meeting held each Friday at 6:00 prior to event date. A team representative should be present. The tournament's intent is to fish 1 day. Hours of competition are 5am to 1pm on Saturday, unless altered by the tournament committee for inclement weather. In the event of inclement weather, same schedule & times will resume on Sunday.
-Teams may enter and exit in any port from Oswego County to Sodus Point.
-Team Structure: Teams are not limited to a maximum number of anglers. Allowable max number of rods will be based on 4 anglers (12 rods). If you fish fewer than four anglers you may only run the number of rods allowed by law (3 per angler).
- Tournament fishing is limited to US waters.
- Fishing in tributaries is prohibited. For the purpose of the tournament all harbors and rivers will be considered tributaries.
- Radio Use: All participating boats must be equipped with an operational VHF radio.
- Open communication will be in effect throughout the tournament.
- Start and End Times: Teams will be allowed to leave their ports at any time and may start fishing at 5 A.M. End time is 1:00 P.M. All fish entered at weigh-in must be landed before 1:00 pm.
Weigh-in: - Upon returning to port the cooler containing the day's catch must be immediately transported to the weigh-in site, Oswego Marina. Weigh-in starts at 12:00 P.M.. A team representative must be in line for weigh-in no later than 4:00 P.M. with catch.
- At least one team member must remain with the days catch until surrendered to the Weigh-in committee.
- All coolers must be marked with the team name.
- All coolers will be considered sealed at the end of the day's fishing and handling of fish by anyone other than a tournament official is prohibited.
- Coolers must arrive at the Pre-Check Station free of loose ice or water. Ice in cooler has to be bagged. The tournament committee strongly suggests opening the drain plug on the cooler prior to pre-check.
- All coolers at the weigh-in must contain no more than six of the allowable Tournament species. Coolers with more than six will be disqualified.
- Weighed in fish will be identified by hole punch in tail, after weight has been recorded.
Scoring: (based on a 2 person limit)
- Tournament limit shall be 6 fish, no Lake trout or Atlantic salmon allowed.
- Minimum size for trout and salmon is 18 inches, except steelhead is 21. Certified measuring boards will be used at the weigh in site. Each fish will score 10 points. One point will be scored per pound of fish weighed.
- If any fish submitted for weigh-in is found to be smaller than the minimum size established by the tournament, the undersized fish will be disallowed. In addition, 10 points plus 1 point per pound of the undersized fish will be deducted from the team's score.
Liability: Every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Tournament Committee to protect persons and property during the contest. However, the Committee, its judges, sponsors, officers, directors or employees of the same will not be held responsible for the safety of persons or property participating in the tournament. All participants further understand and agree to hold harmless members of the aforementioned groups from any liability or claim of damages.
- All tournament boats should carry liability insurance.
- Each boat owner or a representative will be required to sign a liability disclaimer at review meeting.